Via The Quantum Pontiff:
What an AWESOME idea for a conference!
…I shouldn’t get so excited about these things, but, but… just look at the topic list! 😀
This conference will foster discussion and collaboration among investigators stimulating:
* A fuller, more accurate understanding of the types of defects limiting coherence in superconducting JJ qubits; including the mechanisms by which they occur, how they are created in fabrication, the mechanisms by which they affect and interact with the qubit, and the qubit performance characteristics they limit (coherence times T1 and T2, Rabi contrast, etc.),
* Development of advanced methods for definitive characterization and measurement of defects in the presence of other defects;
* Discovery of new low-defect materials and constructions, and the means for their fabrication;
* Understanding of ultimate, coherent qubit geometries begged by the physics, and the means for their fabrication.
* Improvements in electronics and systems enabling high-fidelity qubit control and measurement; and
* Enhanced scientific vision for the most effective means to substantially extend coherence
Ooooh, nice. Hope I can find the money for this. Singularity Summit 2009 might just have me bankrupt!